Indigo Yoga strives to provide its students with not only exceptional teaching but high standards in customer service and business management. We feel that this combination will add to the longevity of the studio and the reliability of our programs. We also believe we have a responsibility to contribute not only to our students but the business community at large. In order to achieve these goals, we must be committed to a growing a sound company.
Thank you for adhering to and understanding our need for company policies. We are available to discuss them at anytime with you if needed.
We ask that you kindly review some of our in-class policies before attending classes at Indigo Yoga.
General class policies
• At Indigo, we do not allow students to assist or spot each other in class without the express supervision, direction and consent of the teacher. We also do not allow students to solicit help from fellow students.
• It is typical for Baptiste teachers to perform hands-on assists to students in class. If you are uncomfortable with this method of teaching, please let your teacher know.
• If students are disruptive, disrespectful, conversing privately in a disruptive manner or attempting to teach each other above the instruction, the instructor reserves the right to respectfully ask them to discontinue for the safety and consideration of the rest of the students in class.
• We will never, under any circumstances, force or coerce a student to perform a pose against their will or keep them from leaving class.
• Incidents: if an incident of any kind or magnitude, whether physical or emotional, occurs in a classroom, it is encouraged that the student communicate directly with the Studio Director. Confidentiality will always be maintained but clear communication is necessary.
For our All Levels classes, the yoga room will be heated by radiant heat to the following: 90-92 degrees and 60% relative humidity. Non-heated, Raw Beginner and Restorative classes will maintain a 75-78 degree, 30-40% relative humidity environment.
Weekly class reservations and scheduling.
If a student reserves a class online using our online scheduler, we will hold their space until 5 minutes before class begins.
If the student does not show, their space will become available to drop-in students.
If students make reservations and do not show for class, they will not be charged for the class. It is not necessary to contact us if you need to cancel but it’s helpful.
Schedule is subject to seasonal changes and refunds or transfers will not be made due to these changes.
Private lesson policies
We are happy to be able to offer a wide variety of times and teachers for private instructions. Please take note of a few policies.
• A valid credit card is required to be on file at the time of scheduling.
• A 12-hour notice is required for the cancellation of private lessons. If cancellation occurs inside of 12 hours, 50% of the cost of the lesson will be charged to the credit card on file.
• Group, off-site and event private lessons are all available.
• There may be different lesson fees for specific instructors. Please consult studio for prices.
Payment for yoga is always due at the time service is rendered. We cannot hold checks or accept postdated checks.
Refunds and Transfers
All packages are non-refundable and non-transferable. We will not give refunds for classes taken or partially taken.
Monthly Auto Draft
The monthly auto draft package will draft from your credit card or ACH checking account on the date that the package is set up. For example, if you purchased it on the 1st, it will draft on the 1st of each month thereafter.
We do not believe in expirations at Indigo Yoga. There are not expirations on any of the packages. Now or ever!
Freezing, Holding or Transferring Packages
We do not extend freezes for packages unless the circumstances are dire, as in extreme illness or injury. We are sorry but class packages may not be extended to accommodate business travel or vacation dates.
Indigo Yoga does not issue refunds for workshop cancellations. We can issue a studio credit* toward future workshops (not toward regular classes) only if we are notified of the cancellation before the workshop takes place.
*We cannot issue refunds or credits for workshops conducted by Master Teachers visiting Indigo Yoga.
Indigo Yoga reserves the right to cancel or change the date of a class, workshop or retreat at any time. We will do our very best to notify all students by email, website posting, online scheduler announcement bar, Facebook and Twitter postings and by verbal announcements as soon as we have made the decision.
Inclement Weather Cancellations
On some occasions it becomes necessary to close the studio due to inclement weather. Please consult the website, Facebook and Twitter, online scheduler announcement bar and email for weather cancellations.
We offer a “bar tab” option for ancillary items such as drinks, snacks, yogitoes rentals, etc. A valid credit card must be on file to start a bar tab. We cannot put merchandise items such as mats, clothing, books, etc. on your bar tab. They must be purchased separately. We do not accept “IOUs.”
We hold very high standards for our teachers at Indigo Yoga and are all committed to adhering to the policies set forth in our company’s Policies and Procedures Manual. With regard to instruction, we wanted to share a few things with you so that you can be assured of our commitment to running a credible yoga studio.
All instructors will either hold, at minimum, an RYT-200 (Registered Yoga Teaching Certificate) or be in the process of attaining one. If an instructor does not yet hold a teaching certificate, they are under the careful mentorship of the Director of the Studio.
All instructors will attend Baptiste Level 1 within one year of hire.
All instructors are required to become certified in teaching the Baptiste Power Vinyasa Yoga method within two years of hire.
All instructors are required to hold their own liability insurance.
All staff members, instructors and desk staff, are required to be certified in CPR.