INDIGO YOGA TEACHER TRAINING SCHOOL | A YOGA ALLIANCE REGISTERED YOGA SCHOOL
200-HOUR TEACHER CERTIFICATION IMMERSION
The time is NOW to start your journey into teacher training and into the next chapter of your powerful life. In five months, you will experience a personal transformation that will take you to a new level in your practice, life and teaching AND give you tools to create a career in yoga. No matter where you are on your yoga journey - student, teacher, new or experienced; you will find a life-changing experience and deep dive in Indigo Yoga's 200 Hour RYS Teacher Training Certification Program!
The History and Foundation of Yoga
Anatomy, Physiology, Injury Prevention & Therapeutics
Asana – Biomechanics, Alignment & Modifications
Sequencing: Journey Into Power
Hands-On Assisting and Private Teaching
Philosophy & Ethics
Yoga with Pregnancy and Women's Health
Diet & Lifestyle
Communication, Public Speaking & Presentation Skills
The Business of Yoga
Coaching, mentoring & feedback (giving and receiving)
Certification, Visioning & Goal-Setting
What's Next: 500 Hour Certification
SCHEDULING AND ATTENDANCE
• Launch Date: Tuesday, August 6th 5p-9p (Mandatory Launch Class)
• 5-week course on the following weekends:
Graduation Day: December 15
*End times are not exact. Be prepared to go LONGER than end time scheduled. It is advised to NOT schedule anything after sessions.
• 100% attendance is required. See ATTENDANCE for more details on make up sessions.
• Students must come fully prepared for the training as it is an IMMERSION. Students are asked to bring meals, extra clothing and all that they need for the entire process, and to communicate clearly with their families that they will not be available to attend portions, make up session, be late or leave early. So that means, have the groceries bought, the laundry done and day bags packed! This immersion setup allows for us to complete the training, comprehensively, in 5 weeks.
• In the off weeks, students will be expected to practice daily, in-studio at least 3-4 times a week, attend one practice teaching session per week with their small group and a training coach (like with Shannon, for instance) and once they have completed the assisting module, assist one class per week. Additionally, they will be expected to complete homework assignments.
• There will be one full practice that the entire training group will attend each training day. For instance, we will all practice at the 9:15 on Fridays, the 8:30 on Saturdays, and the 4pm on Sundays.
• Make up sessions/weekends and drop-ins are not an option for this course.
• The Awakenings Program is currently positioned as a pre-requisite for IYTTS. Upon receipt of application, a student’s current educational history will be considered for acceptance into the program in lieu of Awakenings. Awakenings CEUs will be accepted as the remaining 35 “practicum” hours needed to complete the 200-hour program.
ATTENDANCE POLICY AND OPTIONS
• 100% attendance is required. Certification will not be granted if 100% attendance has not been achieved.
• Options for missing sessions are as follows:
For every hour that is missed, a private session can be scheduled with Brooke at a rate of $100 per hour. Students have 2 months to complete missed hours. Certification will not be granted until program is completed in full.
Weekend modules can be made up at the next Teacher Training Program at $595 per module. Certification will not be granted until program is completed in full.
$3695 TOTAL TUITION, DUE UPON RECEIPT OF CERTIFICATE.
• $100 application fee (to be posted to website by July 1, 2012)
• $400 deposit once accepted into the program - the total of application fee and deposit is NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE.
Option One: Pay in full before July 9, 10% off: $2875.50 (application fee and deposit deducted)
Option Two: Pay in full and in cash before July 9, 15% off: $2715.75 (application fee and deposit deducted)
Option Three: Pay in full by August 6, $3195.00 (application fee and deposit deducted)
Option Four: Pay as you go (application fee & deposit deducted). Payments of $639.00 per month, due at each module.
Option Five: 12 month payout: auto draft each month with an interest payment of 7%, with first payment due on February 1, 2013. (I.e., 12 month payment plan on $3195 (application fee and deposit deducted) would be a total amount due of $3418.65 or 12 payments of $284.89. Early payoff is welcome.) NSF or declined credit card charges will accrue a $25 processing fee. Certificate of complete will not be awarded and teaching opportunities will not be granted until payment is received in full.
Brooke Hamblet, E-RYT 500, Senior Baptiste Teacher
Shannon Jones, Certified Baptiste Teacher and Director of Teacher Development
Baron Baptiste, Master Teacher, Baptiste Power Yoga Institute
Dr. Ray Long, Master Teacher, Orthopedic Surgeon, Anatomic Yoga
Tias Little, Master Teacher, Prajna Yoga
Dr. Darren Taylor, Chiropractic Sports and Rehabilitation Physician
Susanne Conrad, Communication Advisor - igolu
Tom Myers, Anatomy Trains
Dr. Lori Williamson, OBGYN
Douglas Davidson, Theater and Voice Coach
Kiersten Mooney, Senior Baptiste Teacher
Desirae Pierce, Senior Baptiste Teacher
Lisa Taylor, Senior Baptiste Teacher
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU : A NOTE FOR THE DIRECTOR
This training is a culmination of 20 years of my experience, thousands of hours in the classroom, several 200 hour and 500 hour certifications, and over 25 Baptiste week long programs. All of the content, the curriculum, planning, most of the teaching, and all of the reputability is what I have been working on for 2 decades!
Nothing compares to training in the trenches. And you will not find another training program that matches the quality, foundational content and live classroom coaching skill ANYWHERE that you will find with this program. This training will prepare you to build a successful career in yoga, and is one of the very few trainings out there that is backed by a world-renowned company (Baptiste Power Yoga Institute) and sustainably supported by a successful studio (Indigo Yoga) that has work and jobs just waiting for you upon completion. It sets up you for success. It provides you with a team that supports you in your journey and career. And it empowers you to keep learning and evolving yourself and your teaching.
This teacher training program is not a replacement for Baptiste Certification, but rather, a robust, dig-deep compliment. Your involvement in the Baptiste organization as participant and student will a natural next step (if not taken already!) for your education and experience, and is highly recommended! I have attended over 25 programs myself, and will never stop because I will never stop growing. This perspective has brought me amazing results and it will for you too!
See YOU on February 1!